Authors: Jeff Grout and Liz Fisher
Reasons to read:
- A good book for aspiring and current leaders
- Highlights key leadership attributes and skills
- Outlines how to work towards promotion
- All successful teams should share a concise, story based vision.
- This vision should be regularly referred to by leaders.
- Leaders can select people with desired skills or select people with a desired attitude and teach them the required skills.
- Leadership has moved away from authority and towards emotional intelligence.
- Recognition is the most effective motivation tool – not necessarily financial reward.
- Having a high performing ‘worst team member’ is key to motivate the ‘best team members’ to work to their potential and not become complacent.
- Training a natural replacement to your role will mean you don’t have a personal barrier to promotion.