Author: Simon Sinek
Reasons to read:
- This book will help you to focus on the relevant issues and lead a team effectively for the long-term.
- Although based on business; there are many valuable ‘take homes’ for existing and aspiring educational middle and senior leaders.
- This book will help you to hold yourself accountable as a leader and remain true to your ‘Just Cause’.
- Any leader who wishes to lead in the Infinite Game must have a crystal clear Just Cause.
- A Just Cause is a specific vision of a future state that does not yet exist; a future state so appealing that people are willing to make sacrifices in order to help advance toward that vision.
- A Just Cause is not the same as our ‘why’ (see Simon Sinek’s previous book ‘Start With Why’ for more information). A ‘why’ comes from the past (our values and beliefs). A Just Cause is about the future – the world we hope to live in.
- Leaders are not responsible for the results. Leaders are responsible for the people who are responsible for the results.