EEF Guidance Report
Reasons to read:
- The report lays out clear strategies for effective SEN provision.
- Language is important: pupils have SEND instead of pupils are SEND.
- Development is not linear – pupils’ needs can increase or decrease as they mature.
- The quality of teachers’ planning and their delivery of T&L has a major impact on every pupil’s development.
- Summary of recommendations:
- Create a positive and supportive environment for all pupils without exception.
- Build an ongoing, holistic understanding of your pupils and their needs.
- Ensure all pupils have access to high quality teaching.
- Complement high quality teaching with carefully selected small-group and one-to-one interventions.
- Work effectively with teaching assistants.