Author: Dylan Wiliams
Reasons to Read:
- Clearly outlines 5 categories of formative assessment
- It is a useful aid to reflect on your own assessment efficacy
5 formative assessment techniques:
1. Clarifying, understanding, and sharing learning intentions
2. Engineering effective classroom discussions, tasks and activities that elicit evidence of learning
3. Providing feedback that moves learners forward
4. Activating students as learning resources for one another (really effective if done correctly).
5. Activating students as owners of their own learning (can be done with longer term work planners which provide milestones for pupil progress and suggestions of how to move towards next goal).
Link to article: